FLAG (Femmes, Leadership, Appui, Gestion – Women, Leadership, Support, Management) is a 26-month project mainly targeting female entrepreneurship and their contribution to economic growth in Tunisia. The project was launched in January 2018 as part of the EU-funded MOUSSAWAT program with co-funding from GIZ and the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF), in partnership with the Tunisian Ministry of Woman, Family and Child.
Contribute to the economic empowerment of women and improve their equitable participation in Tunisia's economic growth.
Support the creation of a conducive environment to female entrepreneurship in traditional and innovative sectors and the creation of jobs for women.
FLAG revolves around 3 main axes:
- capacity strengthening for the members of the support structures for women's entrepreneurship.
- mapping activity allowing the identification of support structures in Tunisia and Italy.
- elaboration of a gender-sensitive strategy, allowing support for female entrepreneurship.
The project has successfully achieved the following results:
- Development of a gender-based mapping of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the regions of Greater Tunis, Mahdia, Kairouan, and Gafsa.
- 52 representatives of business development and entrepreneurship support centers and 8 members of 3 centers participated in 28 days of training and strengthened their capacities in terms of personal development and support for future entrepreneurs.
- 11 staff members from entrepreneurship support centers from the four regions (Kairouan, Gafsa, Tunis, and Mahdia) participated in a six-day exchange program in Italy and acquired skills in business-creation incubators.
- 3 technical and thematic groups are created and reinforced with adoption of an ethical charter.
- Development of a gender analysis on entrepreneurship
- Conduction of a gender-based assessment of services provided by entrepreneurship support structures
- 70 micro-enterprises were created and 30 were strengthened and their access to financing was facilitated.
- A guide on How to support the creation, modernization and strengthening of women's craft enterprises and the marketing of their elaborate products was prepared.
- TCSE (Tunisian Center for Social Entrepreneurship – Tunisia)
- TAMSS (Tunisian Association For Management And Social Stability - Tunisia)
- Pontes Ricerche e Interventi (Pontes Research and Interventions - Italy)
- Oxfam Italia (Italy)
- ADGS (Association de Développement Gafsa Sud - Gafsa South Development Association - Tunisia)
- UNFTK (Union Nationale de la Femme Tunisienne Kairouan - National Union of Tunisian Women Kairouan - Tunisia)